PLEASE LOGIN TO VIEW/PAY YOUR BILL      Username    Password
Close This Form
Pay Your Bills Online Now Fill Out a Form Here

Customer Service FAQs

How do I establish new residential service?

Stop by our office at 901 S. Jackson St. and speakwith anyone of our Customer Service Representatives. If you are a new customer, you will be asked to fill out a short form listing all occupants of the residence over the age of 18, and you will need to bring your driver’s license and Social Security card with you. A standard residential deposit of $175 is required for electricity, $40 for sewer, $30 for water (inside the city limits), and $40 for water (outside the city limits). TUA will waive the security deposit for customers with outstanding credit following a credit check, or for previous customers whose account of record with TUA demonstrates no late payments. A record of at least twelve (12) months is required, and the customer must have lived on the TUB system within the last three (3) years.  The balance of the deposit is refundable when the last bill has been paid after service has been terminated. Same day service is guaranteed if requested before 2 p.m. The cost to establish new service or transfer service is $30.

Do you all do more utilities than just electric, water, and wastewater?

We do not do natural gas. However, we are the only true local provider of state-of-the-art, fiber optic cabling to the home/business. Through our LightTube division, TUA provides high quality television, high speed Internet, and feature-rich telephone. Upgrade to LightTube today!

What about commercial service?

An application form, identification, and deposit is required for those seeking to establish service for new businesses. The deposit will be based upon the average or estimated billing of two months of service to that location. Customers have a variety of ways to pay these deposits: cash, bank-qualified irrevocable letter of credit, or bond. Please call our customer service department at 931-455-4515 for more information.

How do I stop or transfer service?

Customers must request in writing that service be terminated. This can be accomplished through the fax machine, email, or by a simple visit to the customer service department. Same day service is promised if the request is made prior to 2 p.m.

Where can I pay my utility bill?

Payments are accepted in our service center located at 901 S. Jackson Street, at the drive-up window located in the front of the service center, by mail, or at a number of banks throughout town. Automatic bank drafts are also available. For more information talk to our customer service department by calling 455-4515 and press option 3. You can also pay your bill online by selecting the yellow 'PAY YOUR BILLS ONLINE NOW' tab at the top of the screen. Lastly, if you still want to drop off your bill but choose not to wait in line, there is a drop-off box located in our lobby for your convenienence. 

May I pay my bill with a credit/debit card?

TUA accepts VISA and MasterCard credit and debit cards. Payments with a credit card may be made in the office, online, or over the telephone with proper identification. A service charge will be paid by the customer when using a credit card. This amount is charged to TUA by the credit card companies for each transaction.

What services do you offer?

We provide the residents of Tullahoma with electricity, water and wastewater services. We are a distributor of TVA power, and our rates are among the lowest in the country. Our water is purchased from the Duck River Utility Commission and we own and operate the city’s wastewater plant. Through our LightTube division, we provide state-of-the-art, fiber optic cabling to the home/business, which allows us to provide high quality television, high speed Internet, and feature-rich telephone services to our customers.

TUA offers a variety of services. Among these are:

Project Help This program allows our customers to donate a certain amount of money each month to help the elderly and disabled. Project Help survives only through contributions of TUA customers. 100% of donations goes to pay heating bills through the winter. Contact customer service for more information.

Third Party Notifier This program allows a customer’s friend or family member to be notified if that customer is about to be terminated for non-payment. The friend or family member is not responsible for payment of the bill.

Replace-A-Tree Trees are a wonderful asset to any community, but oftentimes they interfere with power transmission, or become a danger during an ice storm. An active supporter of the local Tree Board, TUA has initiated a program which allows customers to have tall trees that have grown underneath high voltage power lines removed. The customer can then apply for a rebate after purchasing a low-growing variety of tree for replacement. For more information call David Johnson at 455-4515.

Educational Programs TUB is a supporter of Creating Educational Opportunities (CEO), the local partnership between schools and businesses. Each year, employees visit the schools to discuss electrical safety and water conservation, and participate in science fairs and career day events. Tours are held at both the wastewater treatment plant and the service center. We can also arrange tours of the water plant through D.R.U.C. for groups.

Do the meter readers really read my meter, or do they just "take a guess" at my usage?

Our meter department consists of six employees who oversee our Automated Metering Infrastructure. They also connect and disconnect services and re-check meters at the customers’ requests. For more information on the meter department call Freddie Bush at 455-4515.

If my power goes out, how do I report it?

If you have experienced a power outage, please call us immediately at 455-4515, option 1. If the power outage is widespread, you may hear a busy signal. During an emergency situation, thousands of customers are calling our office at the same time, and all eight phone lines may be tied up for hours. During an isolated outage, don’t assume that your neighbor reported the outage. Some homes are on solitary transformers, and you may be the only customer without power.  Our Automated Metering Infrastructure allows us to see an outage in real time, allowing us to respond as quickly as possible. 

When there is a power outage, can you tell me when my power will be restored?

During an emergency situation, it is almost impossible to predict when all the power will be restored. We try to answer all questions as best we can, but sometimes a definite answer is not available. When power has been disconnected for routine maintenance, the switchboard operator will tell you when power is expected to be restored.

How do I report a water leak?

If you spot a wet place in the road or in your yard that is not due to rain, or your water meter appears to be leaking, please call us immediately at 455-4515, press option 1. Following your usage through our online utility portal allows you to track you water usage, spotting an suspicious activity that may be from a leak. 

How can I tell if I have a water leak in my house?

Most of the time, water leaks are caused by leaky toilets. Place a few drops of blue food coloring in the tank of the toilet, wait a few minutes and then check the bowl. If the water is blue in the bowl, you have a leak. A leaky toilet can waste hundreds of gallons of water per month. This can raise both your water and sewer bills, since sewer bills are based on water usage.

For very large water leaks, the culprit may be the water pipes in your yard. To check if the leak is in the house or in the yard, turn off the water’s shut-off valve located near the foundation of your home. If the dial on your water meter is still moving, the leak is located in the yard. Call your plumber immediately.

Is it possible to find out what the past electric and water usage in my new home was?

Yes. We can provide print-outs of the bills for the past 15 months.

Are you available 24 hours a day, seven days a week?

Our office hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays. However, a standby supervisor is available 24 hours a day for emergency situations. For calls placed after working hours, the answering service will contact the standby supervisor, who will then take the appropriate action to correct the problem.

Can I have my monthly payment automatically taken out of my bank account?

TUA's bank draft program is a convenient way of paying monthly utility bills. During these times of high priced gasoline, postage costs are going up every few years, etc., it just makes it much more convenient for our customers to pay by bank draft. When paying by bank draft, the amount of the bill is presented to the customer's bank the day before the due date and there is never a reason for a late fee due to being out of town on vacation or away because of an emergency. Please contact our customer service department at 455-4515, option 3, to arrange for bank draft.

How do I get an employment application for a job position that is open at TUA?

Applications for jobs open at TUA can be picked up during normal business hours; Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You can also download an employment application by clicking here.